I’ve been going through a pain spike ever since I got facet injections (steroid) shots. I wanted to share some things that help me recover quickly and get back to living life!
- Go through denile. Try to “suck it up” and continue life as normal for a while. After you do this for a while, it’s time to STOP and take care of yourself!
- Cancel all your commitments for the week
- Call your Doctor. Hopefully, you have built a good relationship with your doctor where they listen and really hear you when you say it’s bad.
- Treat your self. I bought a few things. A dress, a belt, and a purse. I eat lots of chocolate.
- Lay down. Watch mindless TV or binge on your favorite sitcom.
- Ignore phone calls. I don’t know about you, but when I feel like crud, I don’t feel like talking.
- Repeat any steps as necessary.
- Go slowly when getting back into normal life. Example: on your fist day back, just do a half day.
What tips would you suggest when you are going through a flare up?